March 2, 2018
During my recent visit to West Palm Beach, God had a wonderful surprise waiting for me. The lovely couple who hosted me quickly became my close friends. I learned an interesting fact about them.
“His closet is meticulously organized,” my friend said about her husband. “All hangers are spaced evenly and all is perfectly placed in the exact spot.
“And how about yours?” I asked her.
She confessed hers wasn’t quite the same. But that’s okay. In all relationships, each one brings unique habits, methods, approaches, and attitudes. But more importantly, each has a specific task assigned to them.
The same is true with God.
The same in our relationship with God. He has His role, and we have ours.
But do you think I learned that lesson well? Not yet. Lately, as my family faces another dark valley, that lesson had to be drilled in me. Though we face struggles, hardships and heartache, that’s ours to endure.
But God has His own role. In the midst of suffering, He has the serenity to calm our heart. In our struggles, He has the victory. In our heartache, He has the healing.
Here are five reasons why.
- He promised that what we face will be temporary. What we fear will be defeated and what we need to do is not fret, worry, be anxious…but simply be still. “Moses answered the people, ‘Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still’” (Exodus 14:13).
- He has a place for us where we can count on His favor. The favor that is enough for each moment. His favor to conquer all. And the favor that completely surrounds us. “For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield” (Psalm 5:4).
- He provides the refuge. His protection is firm, constant and available. In fact, He said that we must dare to rejoice as we’re nestled under His refuge. “But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you” (Psalm 4:11).
- He knows the army of negative thoughts that attack. He sees the enemies of our soul that taunt us. And He’s aware of the weapons lifted against us. But He promised they have no power or means to harm us. He reassures: “No weapon forged against you will prevail…” (Isaiah 54:17).
- And finally, He repeats, that yes, He will be the one to help us, to make us strong, to hold us up. And He commands us not to fear. “Fear not; for I am with you: be not dismayed; for I am your God: I will strengthen you; yes, I will help you; yes, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand” (Isaiah 41:10).
Victory is sure.
When these promises wash our soul, the troubles seem smaller. The battle has an end. The victory is sure and the journey is bearable.
How about you? What battle are you facing? Are you giving the Lord room to fight for you? Are you counting on His victory? Are you anticipating triumph?
CLICK HERE for a one-minute inspirational video.
Looking for a speaker for your upcoming event? A great speaker makes the difference between a so-so event and one that shines with impact. I invite you to view one of my two-minute videos HERE.
What an honor it would be for me to delight those who attend your women’s gatherings, retreats, church congregation or corporate events. Here are some of the TOPICS you can choose from.
REFERRAL PROGRAM: And don’t forget, you can earn a percentage of my speaking fee when a booked event is a direct result of your referral.
Please share: Feel free to share Janet’s posts with your friends.
Comments: I welcome your thoughts; please consider leaving a comment. Just look for the word REPLY at the end of the post after the list of keywords.
https://janetperezeckles.com/blog Sign up for Janet’s inspirational blog or newsletter. It will be delivered right to your inbox each Friday.
https://amzn.to/pwDntn Simply Salsa: Dancing Without Fear at God’s Fiesta