God doesn’t promise a day without problems, or moments without trials, but aligned with Him, He promises a satisfied soul.
Two days ago, even my keyboard felt sticky. The air conditioner decided to stop working. And, in the Florida summer heat, my energy was melting into drops of worry. What if we need to repair the whole thing, what if there is no fix for days? How would this affect my parents who live with us and just reached their mid-80s?
I had several repairmen check the unit and no one could figure out. Then when I told hubby, he informed me that the home warranty he purchased might include air conditioners.
“Of course,” the rep said, “we’ll send someone today and if we cannot fix it, your warranty will cover a replacement.”
That evening, while sitting in the coolness of my room, a similarity fluttered in. Whether we are melting in the heat of life’s pressures, frozen on the road to success, or hunger for that something to satisfy us, Jesus offers His warranty.
In it, we find the steps for lasting satisfaction:
- Believe His Word when He says He is truly the bread of life.
- Become aware of the hunger that aches in your heart.
- Trust that He will answer when you ask Him to align with Him.
- Be ready to have Him quench the thirst for your desires.
- Recognize the ways He’s satisfying the hunger in your soul.
- Count on the ever-lasting promise of His guarantee.
“He Himself said, ‘I am the Bread of Life. The person who aligns with me hungers no more and thirsts no more, ever.’” (John 6:35)
Father, I confess I’ve chased so many ways to satisfy my heart’s longings. But now, I know the answer—that aligning with you, your Word, and with your path will leave me deeply satisfied. And the never-expiring guarantee you offer will be a forever satisfaction for my soul. In Jesus’ name, amen.
- What is your heart hungry for?
- Has the heat of life’s pressures leave a thirst in you?
- How do you live a satisfied life?
I invite you to dance with me—celebrating my new book, “Contagious Courage: A 30-Day Journey to Overcoming Stress and Anxiety.” Please visit Janet’s Store to get your copy today.
Please share: Feel free to share Janet’s posts with your friends.
Comments: I welcome your thoughts; please consider leaving a comment. Just look for the word REPLY at the end of the post after the list of keywords.