I slipped the dinner plate in front of hubby and we began our usual chat. “Well, did you decide?” he said.
I gave him a wink, “Hey bud, all I have to do is learn how to have faith and wait for God’s answer.”
I’ve made that comment many times before. And faith is exactly what lined my heart as we waited to seek 501(c) status for the ministry.
We needed the right person at a reasonable price to help. Months and months of faith and prayer swept by. Until yesterday when God smiled.
“I can help you,” the email said, “I have over 35 years’ experience and will charge you nothing.”
Gratitude nearly exploded in me. I thanked God for His timing, for His faithfulness, and for His prevision of this special friend.
And if you too are waiting for God’s provision, and you’re wondering how to have enough faith to move mountains, consider these five steps:
- Define your meaning of faith. (Romans 4:20)
- Declare in the name of Jesus that you have triumphed over doubt and unbelief. (Mark 9:24)
- Decide that prayer, hope and a deeper desire to know God will sing in your heart while you wait. (Hebrews 11:6)
- Direct your attention to God’s promises of reassurance. (John 14:12)
- Determine that no hardship is a match to God’s power and provision. (1Corinthians 2:4)
And God’s provision adds a promise: “So if you faithfully obey the commands I am giving you today—to love the LORD your God and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul-then I will send rain on your land in its season, both autumn and spring rains, so that you may gather in your grain, new wine and oil. I will provide grass in the fields for your cattle, and you will eat and be satisfied” (Deut. 11:13-15).
Father, I vow to increase my faith to know that you will provide from your bounty all I need to be satisfied. I will remove any doubt and unbelief. I will increase my faith to receive peace, reassurance and the abundance you promise. In Jesus’ name, amen.
- What are you lacking these days?
- How much faith fills your heart while you wait for His answer?
- What fear of yours needs to be replaced with faith?
Thank you for reading this message. If it resonated with you, consider inviting Janet as your next speaker. Here are her speaking topics to inspire and delight those who attend your next event.
Janet’s dynamic presentations before professional and faith-based groups are based on her books:
- Simply Salsa, a sassy yet profound inspiration from God’s Word.
- Hola, Happiness, a perfect Bible study for small groups enhanced with engaging videos.
- Trials of Today, Treasures for Tomorrow, Janet’s story of trials to triumph.
- Salsa En Español click here.
Janet has prepared even more servings of inspiration for you. Please visit her website.
Comments: I welcome your thoughts; please consider leaving a comment. Just look for the word COMMENT at the end of the post after the list of keywords.
You’re invited: Not yet a part of my inspirational family? Please sign up here to receive these posts in your inbox. Just look for the sign-up at the bottom of the right hand menu bar. Or sign up here to receive my periodic newsletter in your inbox. You’ll find it in the right hand menu bar.
Please share: Feel free to share Janet’s posts with your friends. Just forward this email and her latest post will soon be on its way to inspire them, too.