Last Friday, I got dolled up. I even dabbed some lip gloss. Hubby and I headed to have our pictures taken for our church’s directory. He looked sharp in his black suit and I tried to look my best in my red dress.
As we waited our turn, a friend came out from her session with the photographer.
“So, how did you like the pictures he took?” I asked.
“Ugh, I don’t know,” she said in a lamenting tone, “the problem is they look like yourself.”
I laughed. Why is it that we’re never pleased with our looks, our image, the way we display the years that sweep by? And why does depression set in when another birthday approaches?
Is that you? Cheer up. Here are five ways to look younger on the inside so the image can reflect on the outside.
- We relish on the royal status bestowed upon us: “Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained in a righteous life.” Proverbs 16:31
- We delight on the wisdom that makes us rich. “Wisdom is with the aged, and understanding in length of days.” Job 12:12
- We rest in His provision at every stage: “Even to your old age I am he, and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and will save.” Isaiah 46:4
- We rest assured for we possess a purpose, a vision and a mission to accomplish: “So even to old age and gray hairs, O God, do not forsake me, until I proclaim your might to another generation, your power to all those to come.” Psalm 71:18
- We walk with confidence carried by the renewing power of God at work within us. “So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day.” 2 Corinthians 4:16
Father, whether we look in the mirror or a photo of ourselves, help us to delight in the journey taken, the stage we’re in and the days ahead. Grant us the peace to enjoy each passing day, each season that goes by and each chapter you add to our life. In Jesus’ name, amen.
- How do you view your life each passing year?
- What is your purpose, your passion and mission for this season of your life?
- What is your secret to look younger?
Looking for a speaker for your upcoming event?
What an honor it would be for me to delight those who attend your women’s gatherings, retreats, church congregation or corporate events. Since speaking is my passion, I reach the hearts of my audiences by evoking laughter and also some tears by blending Scripture, impacting real-life examples and practical steps to begin a triumphant life today.
Here are some of the topics you can choose from: https://janetperezeckles.com/janet-speaks
Please share: Feel free to share Janet’s posts with your friends.
Comments: I welcome your thoughts; please consider leaving a comment. Just look for the word REPLY at the end of the post after the list of keywords.