I want you to meet Bubba Blue. He is an amazing horse, measuring way over 6’ tall. He’s a majestic animal, not only because of his size but his pure white color, his sweetness and his amazing strength.
The only problem with Bubba Blue is that he’s scared of everything; yes, everything—even a fly that passes by.
I tried to express my compassion, but laughter still burst from me. And after thinking a bit about this sad situation with Bubba Blue, I realized that’s me. And that might be you too.
We appear strong on the outside, filled with courage and resolve. But inside we’re afraid, we’re frightened about the smallest fly of adversity.
God must chuckle, too. He must wonder why we do that. He’s not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, of love and of sound mind. And if we still didn’t believe this, He’s given so many reassuring verses to emphasize that we’re not weak, for we are strong in Him, and Him alone.
Here are five of them:
- We can count on the shelter, constant and reliable to protect us from anything that may come our way. “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea.” (Psalm 46:1)
- Trouble is sure to come, but we know where our stronghold comes from. “The salvation of the righteous comes from the LORD; He is their stronghold in time of trouble.” (Psalm 37:39)
- When walking on shaky ground, God gives us the words to declare: “The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights.” (Habakkuk 3:19)
- He knows which one of us get weary and are weak. Therefore, “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.” (Isaiah 40:29)
- When feeling defeated, His promise resonates still: “So do not fear for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)
Father, thank you for your Word, for you know how we can appear strong, but inside we shake with fear. Yet, your constant reminder that in you, we find strength, through you can we can overcome our weaknesses and because of you, we live equipped to face it all. In Jesus’ name, amen.
- What has you feeling weak these days?
- What difficulties overwhelm you?
- How do you find strength for tough times?
Looking for a speaker for your upcoming event?
What an honor it would be for me to delight those who attend your women’s gatherings, retreats, church congregation or corporate events. Since speaking is my passion, I reach the hearts of my audiences by evoking laughter and also some tears by blending Scripture, impacting real-life examples and practical steps to begin a triumphant life today.
Here are some of the topics you can choose from: http://www.janetperezeckles.com/janet-speaks
Please share: Feel free to share Janet’s posts with your friends.
Comments: I welcome your thoughts; please consider leaving a comment. Just look for the word REPLY at the end of the post after the list of keywords.