Anxious thoughts are the beginning of an emotional disease; but eagerness to please God is the cure.
A bit jealous? You betcha I was. “I re-organized my closets and cabinets,” my dear friend said.
We all do that from time to time, right? I do. Every 20 years. But my friend goes through that process every two weeks. Gulp!
Imagine my shock when I learned yesterday I needed to find the CD to my operating system so my computer could be fixed. We bought it years ago…where in the world could that thin item ever be? I opened a desk drawer, ugh…jammed with junk. Anxious thoughts tried to come in.
But I won the battle. Though my closets and cabinets are in a constant tornado state, my heart is quite the contrary. So let me share some tips to keep your heart organized and so very clean.
- Know that God has already seen the chaos and has the way to organize the biggest mess.
- Be willing to discard what you’ve held on to for so long like insecurities that have been collecting the dust of discouragement.
- Know that when you clean the cabinets of your heart, there is more room for joy, peace and confidence.
- And lastly, most important, to pause and, in silent moments, with cleaning cloth in hand, ask the Lord to take a peek, to analyze and reveal any spots you might have missed.
Maybe we can repeat this psalmist words: “Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” (Psalm 139:23-24)
Father, for so long I had stored anxious thoughts, negative emotions, and old junk that cluttered my heart. But now I follow your way everlasting because you revealed what needs to go and what needs to stay, my life is cleaner and in better order. In Jesus’ name I thank you, amen.
- What needs cleaning in your heart?
- Have you asked God to reveal what needs to go?
- How does it feel to get rid of anxious thoughts?
I invite you to dance with me—celebrating my new book, “Contagious Courage: A 30-Day Journey to Overcoming Stress and Anxiety.” Please visit Janet’s Store to get your copy today.
Please share: Feel free to share Janet’s posts with your friends.
Comments: I welcome your thoughts; please consider leaving a comment. Just look for the word REPLY at the end of the post after the list of keywords.