November 27, 2020
“We had the worst Thanksgiving,” my friend said. “My uncle became so irate at the news, he hurled his shoe at the TV and cracked the screen.”
Whoa! What’s happening in our homes today? Parents are tense, kids aren’t happy. And just about everyone is fed up. We’re over the chaos.
But what’s truly taking place is a false mindset courtesy of the enemy of our souls. He served a turkey stuffed with lies. And silly us, we ate it.
Questions to Ask
But before we get emotional indigestion, let’s ask these questions: Who said evil can win? Who said those who are Christ followers should ever feel weak, accept fear or allow anxiety to come in? Who said God is distant and deaf to our cries? Who said that? You know the answer—the father of lies.
To counter them, we push down Satan’s lies in the garbage disposal of life and serve a new dish to delight our soul–God’s victory.
David did that when he faced an army of enemies. Fear could have eaten him for lunch. But in Psalm 37 he acknowledges the wicked who surround him. He recognizes the evil at work. He speaks of the destiny of the wicked and the direction of the righteous. And he illustrates how to put it all in perspective.
But please note that David’s new perspective has no room for wimpy notions, self-pity episodes, or doubt. Instead, He becomes empowered by God’s truth.
Make these 15 Declarations Against Fear
That’s why this Thanksgiving season we have more reasons to be grateful. In the pandemic of discouragement God expects us to do the same as David–with courage oozing from our pores, we declare these fifteen steps to let fear know who’s boss.
- Even when we watch the news, we toss anxiety out the window because God says: “Do not fret because of evil men or be envious of those who do wrong; for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away.”
- We never stop being generous and kind, expecting He will meet our desires. We make sure to…. “Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.”
- Do not worry if your voice is not heard. God will take care of that. Instead, “Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.”
- When we long for relief from all this yesterday, we become restless. But God has a plan and He says: “Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.”
- Let others swim in the river of destructive anger. Instead, “Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret-it leads only to evil.”
- God has His judgment ready. And for us, He has a promise: “For evil men will be cut off, but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.”
- Peace is soon to arrive. God’s divine strategy is at work: “A little while, and the wicked will be no more; though you look for them, they will not be found. But the meek will inherit the land and enjoy great peace.”
- No matter what seems to be against us, we count on God’s victory. He gives us a clue here: “The wicked plot against the righteous and gnash their teeth at them; but the Lord laughs at the wicked, for he knows their day is coming.”
- When we feel drained, we focus on God’s mighty strength to defend us: “The wicked draw the sword and bend the bow to bring down the poor and needy, to slay those whose ways are upright. But their swords will pierce their own hearts, and their bows will be broken.”
- Praise God for what you do have because “Better the little that the righteous have than the wealth of many wicked; for the power of the wicked will be broken, but the LORD upholds the righteous.”
- Make sure to be blameless from lashing out insults and accusations because “The days of the blameless are known to the LORD, and their inheritance will endure forever. In times of disaster they will not wither; in days of famine they will enjoy plenty.”
- We don’t worry about our enemies because “the wicked will perish: The LORD’s enemies will be like the beauty of the fields, they will vanish-vanish like smoke.”
- We can expect blessings when we give. “The wicked borrow and do not repay, but the righteous give generously; those the LORD blesses will inherit the land, but those he curses will be cut off.”
- Resist the world’s pattern, follow God’s ways instead because “If the LORD delights in a man’s way, he makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand.”
- Danger may seem to be drawing near, but God has the last Word: “The wicked lie in wait for the righteous, seeking their very lives; but the LORD will not leave them in their power or let them be condemned when brought to trial.
No matter what we face, fear has no power. Conversely, God is the one who has the power to restore, to heal, to turn things around and to hand us victory on the platter of His faithfulness.
Father, when this world seems to be falling apart and Satan attacks more fiercely, your power is what I count on. Your victory is what I anticipate. And Your hand at work is what keeps me going each day with no fear, with hope, but with joy and deep, deep peace. In Jesus name.
How was your fear conquered today?
Did you know I wrote a book filled with words of encouragement, uplifting thoughts and illustrations of real-life triumph to empower you? Its title, Trials of Today, Treasures for Tomorrow: Overcoming Adversities in Life. You can get it HERE.
CLICK HERE for a one-minute inspirational video.
Looking for a speaker for your upcoming event? A great speaker makes the difference between a so-so event and one that shines with impact. I invite you to view one of my two-minute videos HERE.
Please share: Feel free to share Janet’s posts with your friends.
If you enjoyed these moments of inspiration, consider supporting JC Empowerment Ministries. We keep going, keep inspiring and keep bringing Jesus light into the darkness only through your cheerful tax-deductible giving. It’s simple. Just hop over to this LINK. https://janetperezeckles.com/about/non-profit-tax-exempt-authorization-letter